How do we love thee, Oregon? Let us count the ways! From its stunning natural wonders to incredible cuisine (and everything in between!), we truly believe Oregon is the best — and most underrated — place to live in the entire country! This isn’t hyperbole; it’s facts! Here are 15 reasons to love Oregon:
1. Oregon is home to the deepest lake in the country. At almost 2,000 ft deep, Crater Lake is the main feature of Crater Lake National Park, and is most famous for its deep blue color and water clarity. It’s stunning.
2. And because we’re extra, Oregon is also home to the deepest canyon in the country, too. At 8,043 feet deep, Hell’s Canyon is the deepest canyon in North America. It’s 10 miles wide, too. We won’t take all the credit, however — this expansive canyon is located in both Oregon and Idaho!
3. The farmer’s markets. Oregon has amazing local food and some pretty amazing farmer’s markets. The state is known for farm-to-table cuisine and using the freshest, locally sourced ingredients. After spending time here, you won’t want to eat anywhere else!
4. Oregon also has amazing beer — and a lot of it. Bend is especially hoppin’ (see what we did there?), with more breweries than any other city in the world. Altogether, there are 172 breweries in Oregon.
5. Oregonians are the nicest people you’ll ever meet. When you love your life, it shows: happy people tend to be kind people! And with such a good quality of life, it’s no wonder Oregonians are some of the friendliest folks around.
6. The Oregon Coast is incredibly beautiful. For example, check out this gorgeous photo of Cape Kiwanda. Does it get any more beautiful?
7. And the seafood is out of this world – Yumm!!
8. Portland has the largest independent bookstore in the world. You could spend days wandering the aisles at Powell’s City of Books. Just be warned: you may never want to leave.
9. Also: there’s no sales tax! If that isn’t reason to celebrate, we don’t know what is.
10. The mountains are textbook majestic. Skiers, snowboarders, and nature lovers rejoice! Oregon’s mountains are the most beautiful in the country, period.
11. Bend is sunny 300 days of the year. It’s not all rain here in our little corner of the PNW! Bend is a sunny little utopia that’s perfect for year-round hiking in the amazing landscape surrounding the city
12. Oregon has its own amazing Wine Country. The Willamette Valley has more than 19,000 acres of vineyards, and more than 500 wineries. Cheers!
13. There are unlimited possibilities for unforgettable outdoor adventures. Hiking, camping, swimming, skiing, boating, mountain climbing, the list goes on…
14. The beaches are all public. Pack a picnic and bring a towel, because all of the beaches in Oregon are for everyone: free to access, and all public property.
15. It’s absolutely gorgeous. When it comes down to it, one of the very best things about Oregon is the state’s astounding natural beauty. It’s truly magical.
So… are you moving to Bend, Oregon yet? Did these 15 reasons to love Oregon convince you that The Beaver State truly is the best place to live? What do you love most about Oregon? Share it with us in the comments below!
source – www.onlyinyourstate.com