School Enrollment

The enrollment process for in-district registration is pretty straightforward and can be done online or in person, anytime during the school year or summer. You will need to provide the following documentation to complete your Bend high school or middle school enrollment application so please make sure you have everything gathered before starting the application process.

Required Documentation

Paperwork. There’s always paperwork.

  • Enrollment Packet
  • Proof of Address (e.g., utility bill or rental agreement)
  • Birth Verification (kindergartners must be age 5 on or before September 1 of the enrollment year)
  • Immunization Records (CIS form and certificate of immunizations)
  • Recent Special Education Records (if applicable)
  • Custody Documents (if applicable)
  • Previous School Contact Information (if applicable)

The in-district online application can be found here.
The in-district, in-person application can be found here.

Different enrollment requirements exist if you are currently homeless or not living in a permanent housing situation. Click here for more information.


Choice Option School Enrollment

The enrollment request process for “Choice Option” schools can also be done online or in-person, however, there are deadlines and cut-off dates that must be met. The enrollment process differs from the in-district enrollment process so please pay attention to these “Things to Know” below to help make the choice options school enrollment process less confusing and more successful.

Rent in BendBuy in Bend

Important things to know about Choice School enrollment

There’s a lot of things to keep track of, so here’s a list to help make sure things don’t get lost in the shuffle.

  • Registration for choice option schools generally opens in January after winter break. For exact dates, please visit the Bend-La Pine School District for the desired choice options for Bend high school and middle school.
  • The registration close date for choice option schools K-8 is different than the dates for the choice option high schools so visit Bend-La Pine School District for exact dates.
  • Parents interested in choice option schools are strongly encouraged to attend parent information meetings and tours of the desired schools to learn about the lottery process, available transportation and individual school programs. Program information for each school is provided at that school’s information night.
  • Choice options enrollment request forms are available online at each choice option school.
  • Students may only apply to one magnet school. If multiple applications are submitted, all applications will be eliminated from the lottery. (Students may apply to a magnet school and to the Spanish Dual Immersion Program and/or a charter school.)
  • Siblings of current magnet students must complete the Choice Options Enrollment Request Form for placement at the same choice option school.
  • Notification of lottery results will be mailed.
  • The choice options enrollment request process is open only to current residents within Bend-La Pine Schools attendance areas, so you will need to provide proof of residence (e.g., utility bill or rental agreement).
  • For kindergarten, a child must be 5 years old on or before September 1 of the enrollment year.
  • Acceptance into one of the magnet programs is non-transferrable.
  • Once the lottery is complete and an opening occurs, the first name on the waiting list becomes eligible to fill that spot. A family will have one opportunity to rotate to the bottom of the waiting list rather than accept an opening mid-year. The second time a family becomes eligible, they must either accept the opening or be removed from the waiting list.
  • Modified bus transportation is available for some choice option schools. Visit the Bend-La Pine School district transportation page for information about route.
  • Immunizations are required by state law for children and students in attendance at public and private schools, preschools, childcare facilities and Head Start programs in Oregon. Nearly every facility that provides care for a child outside the home requires immunizations or a medical or non-medical exemption to stay enrolled.

Other helpful resources

Here are some other helpful resources for parents: